IndexHandbookMapLaatste afbeeldingenRegistrerenInloggenZoeken

Deel

[ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow.

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Ga naar beneden
AuteurBericht
Dimphyl

Dimphyl

Number of posts : 1965
[ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Vide

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptydo 26 jul 2012 - 15:18

The small, slender but very muscled Arabian stud was walking slowly through Minanter. His dark Brown eyes scanning everything. His little white ears moving on and off to all directions. He had been chosen to become a fighter, to help protect the herds in BMH, to protect them from the shades that were always trying to make life miserable for everyone. He took his new job very seriously and was, therefore, always listening and looking everywhere for danger. His lovely mare, Omniel, was the one and only reason he regretted taking the job as fighter. Her bad past made it hard for him to leave her alone, especially during the blue moon, when he had to leave to protect everyone, except for the one he loved.

His hooves seemed to be floating above the perfectly white snow, as white as his thick winter coat. He was galloping over the fields in Minanter, on his way to the river to have some sips of the deep, dark and cold water, running over the rocks like it is easy as trotting. His nose shot up in the air when he smelled a horse, unfamiliar to him. He shot his beautiful, deep and charming whinny(?) in the open air, making it surf on the wind, travelling fast and easy. His dark eyes narrowed to see when the beauty of the white snow almost blinded him. He came to a halt, a trail of snow behind him and the snowflakes floating around him, being kicked up by his hooves. He looked around, and when he saw the horse, he stood still, waiting for it to make the first contact.

** Sorry if my english is rubbish, i have to practice a lot, and this is the perfect opportunity. (:
*** Open for every english player.

rank two, fighter
[ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Xariv
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
FLOURISHINGS

FLOURISHINGS

Number of posts : 55

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptydo 26 jul 2012 - 19:44

SIOUXSIE

Glaciers have melted to the sea,
I wish the tide would take me over.

Siouxsie's heavy hooves plodded clumsily through the snow. It was difficult for her heavy body to move through the snow, but only because she didn't often venture into the very snowy areas of Minanter. She was more adept for the rocky areas, and could bound over imposing terrain like a mountain goat. But snow, that posed more of a problem for the warmblood. Siouxsie had this habit of meandering through the territory without any real direction, or purpose. She wished that she had some sort of fueling drive.

But the mare was more of a blank slate.

She could smell the fresh and crisp scent of the river drifting towards her. She could use the hydration. Siouxsie's brown body felt sunkissed, but not harshly so. Honestly, she was having a bit of trouble seeing where she was going with the sun beating down on the snow and lighting up her whole view with the white glow of it. Her bald face shown upward, and her two socked feet churned up the element as she picked up her speed. Her long flaxen mane and tail whipped around her. The faster she moved, the harder it was to see. Her milky eyes were not equipped to the landscape, and since the moment she had unfurled herself from her mother's womb, Sioux had always found it easier to see when it was darker.

A whinny hit the air and Sioux stopped short. Her vision was swimming, but she could make out the rocky bank of the river and hear it's tumbling. Was that an extension of the bank, the clump of white further out than everything else... no, it couldn't be. She saw the trembling of life, the moist exhalation of breath hanging in the winter air. "Hello," the little mare called delicately. Her voice trembled slightly. Hopefully this horse was a thing of peace and wouldn't take advantage of her disorientation. Or maybe they'd step closer to the dark and tumbling river, so Sioux could follow and get her bearings on things better.

~ whooopeee first sioux post! i hope it's good enough and i have to say i'm jealous that you already fluently handle english and dutch. i'm a boring american who can only speak english and a lick of french (probably saying that is an insult to the whole language, though) annnnd as for sioux she looks like this and she's genetically moonblind so she has difficulty seeing into direct light. basically the sunnier it is, the blinder she becomes. i hope you enjoyed the post!

rank one
Dimphyl

Dimphyl

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptydo 26 jul 2012 - 20:07

The white arabian still stood there, watching the brown mare with the flaxen mane and tail. He hadn’t ever met a mare that looked like this, especially her eyes. They were a bit foggy, like she was partly blind or something. He snorted quietly and came a bit closer, his feet kicking up some more snow while his long, white mane and tail swept in the wind that was blowing furiously around them. He could see the mare searching the area, trying to locate him, and then he heard her soft, trembling voice greeting him. So he was right, she was, in one form or another, blind.

He stepped backwards, raised himself on his rear legs and with a loud smack, he landed again, snow blowing everywhere. He didn’t do this to look scary, oh no. his hind legs powered his body again, and the rearing was only to get more power behind it. He galloped towards her, the river still between them, 2 meters wide, streaming wildly, ice cold and littered with pointy, deadly rocks that could slice him in too without trouble. Faster and faster he went, suddenly very happy to be a fighter, for all the hours spent on training his body, his muscles tightened and with a low, encouraging whinny for himself he jumped… he flew.. and he landed. His hind legs were just over the edge, and with a jump from his front legs, he finally stood in front of her. Perfect.

He grinned, not sure if she could actually see him or not. ’Hi.’ his voice was, like his whinny, charming, deep and with a rough edge. The mare, elegant but bigger than him, immediately reminded him of his own mare, the beautiful Omniel. But obviously, this was a different mare. His feelings for Omniel were deep, to deep to be ignored and to be forgotten. He was very interested to hear more about this mare that stood in front of him, her eyes foggy, mysterious.. his ears were still turning frequently, the fighters mode still on.

** i'm so happy you didn't think it was rubbish haha. & i love siouxie. (:
rank two, fighter
[ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Xariv
Aladiah

Aladiah

Number of posts : 126

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptydo 26 jul 2012 - 22:29

--- SOUL ---

The young stallion walked slowly through the forest of Minanter. Since he was only a first rank herd member this was his home, some may look down on those of his rank, but he was quiet satisfied, with just being a normal member of the Blue Moon Horses. Although he often dreamed climbing up to the top with rescuing horses, but he never stood up and tried to gather his might to raise a rank higher. After all he was a rank one through and through. His Ears were carefully hold back, while he lowered his head and fought his way through the high bushes, which were now covered with the crystal clear frozen water, called snow. After he passed through this seemingly extra thick part of the forest he raised his head again, testing the air. He knew that the river was near, and not alone the loud rushing of water signalized his arrival at the water place, no, he was so familiar with this place that he would find his way through Minanter even in total darkness. That’s what he was sure of anyway; he never tried to, since going out alone in the dark was always a greater risk than in daylight. And he was not able to pay the risk, and if he was attacked it would surely mean death for him. Because the Air was so cold his ability of smell, was not as useful at it usually was, because Water did not differ from the frozen Snow in a knowledgeable way and from a greater distance the white Horse just could not distinguish between those two elements.

He slowly broke through the bush, sensing two horses nearby. Carefully, he approached them; since he did not want to scare anyone he announced his arrival with a gentle snuffle through his nostrils. “Morning” He greeted the horses, unsure how to proceed he panned his head from mare to stallion. They seemed friendly enough, and as always Soul ignored his unsureness of the situation. His ears settle up, while waiting for a response from either one of them.
Dimphyl

Dimphyl

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptydo 26 jul 2012 - 22:31

**OOC; yeaah, Anna (:
I'll wait for cora to answer. ;D
FLOURISHINGS

FLOURISHINGS

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptyvr 27 jul 2012 - 7:52

SIOUXSIE

'cause i want whiskey when i'm sick,
and a man when i'm well -
but it's nice to have them both sometimes,
when i feel like raising hell.

Siouxsie saw him run... or at least she saw some version of it. He hadn't returned her greeting, and her muscles tensed. Woe to her, the creature of flight and prey without even the most simple defense as sight. How pathetic the little mare was. Finally, he slowed and she realized he must've jumped the river to get closer to her. As he got closer, she readjusted her position, swishing her ears back slightly and squaring her body off. Her vulnerability had been too obvious, and now that she had realized it, Siouxsie's personality was about to do a complete one eighty as she struggled for her self preservation.

Another horse appeared, and Sioux turned her head, ears swiveling to look him dead on. Although, she couldn't see the details of him firmly, she wouldn't let this stallion know, even though she assumed that the delicate stallion already knew about this. When her thoughts snagged on the other stallion, Sioux turned back to him. One ear turned back, and the other swiveled forward uncertainly. Her body language betrayed her and showed that the cogs in her brain were working. Sioux was still a bit nervous, and anxious. It was all the little chocolate mare could do to keep from trembling. New people weren't her speciality and it didn't help that she wsa becoming more disoriented. Social situations always disoriented her slightly, and the white seemed so blinding, sun reflecting off of it and stinging her delicate eyes.

She cleared her throat, and when she spoke her tone was much firmer. "I'm Siouxsie." Her voice was still soft and honey like, still something sweet with a distinct sound, but she tried to take all of the uncertainty out of it. There should be no uncertainty in a phrase like that. Siouxsie knew she was Siouxsie. If she sounded confused and uncertain when she claimed who she was, then that wouldn't look very good, would it?

~ now comes the confusing siouxsie part - she gets disoriented in social situations. and she's gonna pretend to be a bitch so that she seems strong and shit. wooooppeee

rank one
[/quote]
Dimphyl

Dimphyl

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptyvr 27 jul 2012 - 8:16

[ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. 16aqg6x

his ears still swiveling he heard and smelled the new stallion before he had seen him. The stallion didn’t seem threatening, and when his ‘morning’ sounded, brought to them by the wind, a small laugh left his slender lips, charming and soft the laugh drifted away. The little mare introduced herself as Siouxsie, her eyes still swimming in a pool of white.

He grinned at her, and suddenly realized she must have been able to see them both, because her eyes went perfectly to the other stallion. But then, why wasn’t she able to focus, why were her eyes so white? He decided she would tell him when she thought the time was right, and decided to let it rest until then.

Instead, he looked at the new arrival again. [** I’m gonna pretend he’s like his picture at register, allright?**] it was a stallion, a bit bigger than Xariv himself, muscled, but less than him, grey and white, special markings. The coat of this horse was wonderfull, nothing he had seen before, and he let his eyes go over it a few times before he looked him in the eye to answer his greeting. ’Hello. And who are you?’

his eyes swiveled to Siouxsie again, realizing he hadn’t introduced himself. ’I’m Xariv.’ he nodded, and looked back at the stallion, making it look as if he was actually talking to both of them, while he was sort of apologizing for not replying to siouxsie. His eyes narrowed when another ray of sun broke through the clouds above them. It shouldn’t be much longer before spring arrived and the snow would start melting, finally..

Laatst aangepast door Dimphyl op za 28 jul 2012 - 12:26; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Aladiah

Aladiah

Number of posts : 126

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptyvr 27 jul 2012 - 22:40

--- SOUL ---

Soul watched the two herd members in front of him curiously. They seemed very sympathic and since the one, who introduced himself as Xariv, also spoke to Siouxsie they did not seem to know each other either. After both of them spoke he nodded shortly and then raising his own voice, which broke the short time of silence with his calm melodically sounding voice. “I’m Solarius, but everyone calls me Soul. So please do so yourself” His head still panned from mare to stallion. After he spoke he added quickly. “But… only if you don’t mind” He did not know if his acting was rude, but he hoped it was not. Between all those greetings and this typical small talk he was getting nervous. Lost in thought he raised one of his forelegs and settled it down again. To overcome his unsureness he slowly trotted towards the ice cold water, lowering his head to take a sip of the liquid. Naturally it tasted like Water, but nothing in the world could taste better for the white stallion.

The Air was almost as cold as the water and nothing except the sunlight seemed to announce the upcoming springtime. He was glad that the time of the cold was near its end, but he accepted the fact there is winter in the world, since every plant needs it’s time to rest. He had raised his head again glaring at the two horses. “Are you both rank one too.. or?” He was not exactly fond of this situation, but at least that was something they could talk about, although it seemed like the typical Smalltalk these days. The stallion in front of him was a little bit smaller than himself, but he seemed more powerful and he would definitely make a good fighter, if he would not already be one. His fur had the color of the clouds on a clear winter day, beautiful. Soul was always fond of the breathtaking view on the skies, which were always with him. Every night and every day. The mare instead had the color of the earth in spring time with extraordinary face markings, they both did not fit together very well from the looking, but maybe they would from the inside. He shook his head fast. Seeing two horses together these days was always problematic and stirred up all kinds of thoughts. Fast he steered his thoughts to the forest surrounding them, it seemed very normal. Just as every day, here in Minanter. He read this as a good sign, he had not to worry over upcoming difficulties and that was a plus point.

Laatst aangepast door Aladiah op zo 29 jul 2012 - 14:31; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
FLOURISHINGS

FLOURISHINGS

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptyza 28 jul 2012 - 7:26

SIOUXSIE

'cause i want whiskey when i'm sick,
and a man when i'm well -
but it's nice to have them both sometimes,
when i feel like raising hell.

Terrible that such a pretty thing was wasted in nature. Siouxsie had a capacity to be a beautiful behemoth. She wasn't very delicate, but had a Baroque structure in her body, a very pretty kind of thing. Her legs were light and held slight traces of desert ancestors but her body bulked as it grew taller. She had more space for muscle, making her much more athletic than her smaller counter parts; she wasn't flexible, per se, but she had much more bulk. Siouxsie was a strong creature.

Besides her build, she had a pretty skin to put her bones inside. Her coat was a chocolate-y color, hardly sun bleached at all. Her tawny mane fell in incomparable, untangled tresses down her supple coat. Her tail dragged behind her in dignified ringlets. Her convex head turned to the sky in an unstained porcelain, adding some creativity to the canvas of her skin. Pink, sun-susceptible skin rounded her delicate, trembling nostrils and folded eyes, dappled with the varying black spots that betrayed her small spotted genes, hidden amongst the other folds of her genetic material.

But all of this meant nothing when you came to her eyes. Maybe they were meant to be magnificent, when she was in the womb. Maybe they were delicately crafted from the finest sapphire colors, with the finest touch of churning sky. But something went wrong, and the frothy waves of the sea poured in where they were not supposed to be. Suddenly, all of Siouxsie's careful crafting was nothing in the harsh sunlight. She could hardly see herself. All of her personality, her biting retorts, her seductive retorts were replaced with her self preservation. She could not freely be herself when she was always frantically searching for a shady place, or when she had to constantly let her satellite ears swivel in the sunlight.

"Xariv, Soul." she nodded tersely, not really sparing any more to finish the introduction. She watched the two calmly, waiting for more conversation. Sioux wasn't sure how much she would throw herself in conversation, but it wouldn't hurt for her to at least participate in social niceties. Being antisocial wasn't good for the soul. Soul, clearly the more introverted of the two stallions, spoke up once more. “Are you both rank one too.. or?” "I am," Siouxsie said with a hint of pride. She wasn't sure where the pride came from so, foolishly, she continued to speak. "But I don't plan on staying that way for too long." Her tone was very factual, and she tossed her head indignantly. "I don't really fancy the idea of becoming someone's meal, and I can't see a damn thing out in this hellish, frozen waste."

And with that it became very clear just how Siouxsie viewed the world.

~ lots of ramble and some diva sioux WOOOPEEE

rank one
Dimphyl

Dimphyl

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Emptyzo 29 jul 2012 - 11:32

[ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. 16aqg6x

The stallion in front of him introduced himself as Solarus, but then added that he prefered Soul. Xariv nodded, but in his head he had already decided to call him Solarus. That was his real name, given to him by a loving mother and maybe even a father. And ofcourse.. Solarus sounded much more sophisticated than Soul ..

Solarus asked if they were from Minanter, and after Siouxsie replied to him, Xariv shook his head, a big grin on his handsome face. He didn’t want to seem cocky or anything, he was just proud.. ’I’m a fighter, and officially I’m in rank 2.’ he looked up at Solarus. ’But I just love Minanter.. it’s quite something else than the beaches in Orlais..’ he was kind of apologizing to them for not being a rank one member. But he knew they’d try to become second rank members too, if they had the chance. He had worked hard for his status as a fighter too. Training every day, usually in the scorching sun of Seheron to make it even more difficult.

ofcourse he wasn’t stupid, and when Siouxsie talked about not being able to see anything, he immediately understood it. ’So, you’re moonblind?’ another grin made his handsome face light up. ’but then, Orlais or anywhere won’t be much better.. the snow is everywhere, except for Seheron.. but that’s nothing else than a big desert..’ he looked at her, waiting for a response, because he found himself pretty funny.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Contact
BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. Empty

[ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow.

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Terug naar boven
Pagina 1 van 1

Soortgelijke onderwerpen

-
» A new face xD
» your poisoned face
» Let's face death ~ Triumph
» "Well, if its too hard to deal with face it later."
» Don't let the waves change the face of tomorrow

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Blue Moon Horses :: [ENG] Keep your face to the sunshine so you can't see a shadow. A2tpGgU :: » Archive :: Minanter-
» CHATBOX